Characterization of Turbine and Ancillary Equipment
The turbine and ancillary systems have been shutdown for years and their current radiological conditions are unknown.
This turnkey project consisted of performing an evaluation, characterization and documentation associated with the present radiological conditions of all the Turbine Building systems and components at the shutdown power plant in order to prepare and plan for the decommissioning activities required for these systems.
The main activities provided are:
- Completing a walk down of the turbine building and review of all historical data and site assessments
- preparation of a characterization plan
- performing a radiological survey based on the agreed characterization plan
- collecting representative samples on the turbine building systems
- analyzing all samples collected
- preparation of the characterization report.